Good morning! It’s beginning to look like spring at long last!
I managed to take a couple of wip photos to share with you this week – aren’t you proud?
First, I’ve been working on the afghan design that I started in February. I’m really trying to push to get this done!
My testers are all done with it, my tech editor has checked it twice, so the pattern is done other than my finished sample!
I also managed to start an ASJ… my FIFTH one, I might add…
I received a lot of green wools (full & half skeins) at Christmas from my parents & got a few more skeins for my birthday, so I’m putting them to good use in this jacket. It’s knit at a pretty loose gauge, about 3.6 sts/inch, mainly because I was lazy about swatching & just knit one 6″ square gauge swatch & went with that. I’m using a lot of odds & ends, including some bulky & some fingering held double, so some sections are a bit loose & others are actually fairly tight (like the bulky yarn areas) but the wonder of the ASJ is it all balances out. I’m being careful to balance my gauge – if I knit a row or two with thin stuff, I add a row or two with bulky stuff.
All I can say is thank goodness I started this when I did, because knitting on this has kept my sanity in the past week with all the Jon stuff ;/ (I briefly mention this in last week’s Friday FO post)