I’ve been racking my brain, trying to either find another book challenge to join (since I joined one challenge, I might as well join another) or come up with one. Driving into work this morning, I had a lightbulb moment… why not start a crafty book challenge? DUH!
I’ve never hosted a challenge before, so ask me any questions. I’ll add to this post as needed
Once a month, I’ll write up a blog post inviting everyone to talk about what craft related books we’ve read in the past month, catch you up with any reviews, and do shout outs to anyone who’s also read & written a craft book. I’ll set up a page for this challenge & include a list of some book ideas to get you started (please leave a comment if you know of any!)
Sign up anytime, challenge runs all year.
* any crafty related fiction book counts, whether it’s quilting, knitting, crocheting, sewing, embroidery, scrapbooking, etc.
* pattern books for the most part, are excluded, with a few exceptions: books by Elizabeth Zimmermann that are very chatty & contain stories, not just patterns, will count IF you read cover to cover. I won’t be policing you, so use your own judgement.
* non fiction craft books, such as “Crochet Saved My Life” are included (haven’t picked up the book yet? Go to https://www.createspace.com/3928868 and plug in coupon code 76K89G9K for 20% off). Thank you, Kathryn!
* any format is fine: ebook, print book, audio book, reread
* yes, you can also cross over to other challenges, if you like
* reviews are not necessary, but would be very nice for the authors (on your blog, on goodreads or amazon, wherever)
* I’ve started adding a list of crafty books that count for this challenge
If you are a blogger, please write up a blog post talking about the challenge, include the button or header graphic I made above (I’m sorry, I don’t know how to do the fancy code so you can just grab it) and link to this post at http://anastaciaknits.net/2013/01/12/crafty-book-challenge/ so that others can find out about this challenge & join in! When writing up your post, please be sure to tell us how many books you want to try to read!
Non-bloggers, you can join in by commenting on your goals!
I am planning on reading 7 books this year – the only one I know I’ll read for sure is Crochet Saved My Life.