I joined the One A Day group on Ravelry a couple of weeks ago. Last week’s post I went back & forth debating about what project to focus on. I still would like to start a Bullseye afghan using scrap acrylic yarn (made for charity), but in the meantime, I decided to focus on my sock yarn blanket. I cast on for this blanket Oct 8, 2008. My original plan was to finish the afghan in 3 years, and obviously my deadline is fast approaching. I spent some time figuring out how many squares I had left to knit, & if I knit my original planned size, I’d still have about 400 squares to knit. If I make an average of 7 squares a week (my original goal, one a day on average, though I planned on doing 7 in one day, not necessarily one a day) that is going to take me a lifetime.
My new goal is to even out the top edge (you can sort of see what I mean in the photo below)
(photographed on a full size bed, the afghan is roughly a queen size afghan width wise)
Anyways, if I even out the top edge, that’ll take about 200 squares. If I really push, I think I can actually finish up this afghan in a decent time. So, I’ve been pushing. Since last week’s post, I’ve knit about 35 or so squares, about 12 on Sunday (my last day off), I knit 8 this am, knit 4 last night, & the rest have been squeezed in whatever free moments I can find.
The afghan has grown nicely since the photo above, I’m hoping to get a decent updated WIP shot in the next couple of weeks.
If you want to see what everyone else has been up to… click here